tlve - A tag-length-value parser
tlve is a command-line tool to parse different tlv (tag-length-value) structures and for
printing them in different text-based formats. tlve is mentioned for processing tlv files in server environments.
tlve is a tool developed in GNU/Linux environment and it is distributed under GNU General Public License 2 or later.
tlve has been build using GNU autotools so it should be possible to build tlve in many kinds UNIX-like systems.
Versions and download
- 2014-12-07: Version 2.1,Value encoding information from input data can now be mapped to tlve's internal value types. This is
implemented by new keyword "type" in tag-length definition and "typemap" defition in configuration file.
- 2014-03-25: Version 2.0, Zombie processes are now properly reaped using SIG_IGN and if path in tlv definition starts with * then only the rest of the path must match with current path.
- 2013-02-10: Version 0.1.9, New value type "hexs" and new structure option "hex-caps".
- 2012-03-11: Version 0.1.8, Printing directive %c and value-types "bcds" and "dec" implemented.
- 2011-10-30: Version 0.1.7, Preprosessing implemented. Printing directives %t and %p fixed.
- 2010-09-17: Version 0.1.6, Default for "value-type" is now "escaped", which prints non printable chars as \xnn.
- 2009-12-11: Version 0.1.5, Hold variables implemented. Hold variables can be used to print an elements value with later encountered elements.
- 2009-11-25: Version 0.1.4, Options -l,-L and -n work now together: Names given by option -n are printed only if they appear between start and stop levels. New printing parameters block-start, block-end and separator implemented.
- 2009-09-27: Version 0.1.3, option -a,--and fixed. Works now if a contructed element contains several expression elements with the same name.
- 2009-06-23: Version 0.1.2, options -l and -L implemented, these can be used for printing only certain levels of tlv hierarchy.
- 2009-05-17: Version 0.1.1, better performance, tlv mapping has been rewritten.
- 2009-03-28: Version 0.1.0, First version.
Download from sourceforge
tlve package contains examples, a UNIX man page and texinfo manual in GNU info and
Bug reports, comments, suggestions
can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author of tlve is Timo Savinen <email@example.com>.